Hourlier's Secrets To An Amazing Father's Day
Whether he is your father, step-father, father-in-law, or grandfather, it is always nice to make an effort and show your appreciation to them. We have put together some top tips for making this Father's Day the best.
The Father's Day meal helps you to show your efforts for the day. Whatever you are eating, we have a wine/food pairing for you. Whether you are eating out or cooking a special meal for him, we have put together some wine recommendations for your meal.
- For Chicken Dishes: We would recommend a Sauvignon Blanc or a Chardonnay white wine.
- For Beef Dishes: We would recommend a Merlot or a Bordeaux red wine.
- For Lamb Dishes: We would recommend a Bordeaux wine or a Cabernet red wine.
- For Vegetarian Dishes: We would recommend either a Gamay or Pinot Noir red wines.
Whether you choose to have an outing, or a relaxed day, we have thought up some suggestions and tips to get the most out of your day.
- Check the weather- this could impact your outing plans.
- Think about where your 'Father' would want to go.
- If you're local to Derby, check out Visit Derby for ideas, if not do some research to find that special outing.
- Outings don't have to be expensive to be fun- it could be a walk, a trip to a cafe, the cinema, or taking a visit to a place of significance for you both.
- If you are staying home find that perfect film, board game, or activity to do, so you can spend time with your special man.
- Do not be afraid to try something new!
The present plays a part in showing your true gratitude and showing something thoughtful. Whether he is a wine lover, or a chocoholic, we have put together some tips to think about when picking your ideal present.
- Think about what he would actually want.
- Look at 'different' things, to what you would normally buy, perhaps something different to a box of chocolates this year!
- Put care and thought into his present.
- Go that extra mile!
If your 'Father' is a wine lover, we recommend some of our truly special wines.
Recommended For You...