Château Cantenac Brown is a prestigious 1855 classified third growth, located in the Médoc appellation, Margaux. The Producer describes their history as a union of two cultures as a result of its founder’s Scottish roots. John Lewis Brown belonged to Clan Broun of Colstoun and founded the estate over 200 years ago. The estate’s emblematic Tudor-style château, the most remarkable property in the Médoc region, appears on each of the bottles.
Aware of the importance of preserving the estate’s land and exceptional environment, the current owners strive on a daily basis to respect its land, vines, wines and people, applying admirable viticulture principles that seeks to minimise interference. This admirable respect for their land and terroir has been passed down to the current members, and it radiates into the wines produced.
Wines produced by the estate exemplifies the Margaux character and style, with bold pronounced aromas and flavours, with added texture and finesse.